Sunday, May 19, 2013

Just as a P.S. to the previous post...


I am not normally a "mall shopper" but in my thirst for fashion and fashion trends I look to the "heavy hitters" to foresee the trends coming off the runways. Which takes me to the malls to literally "window shop". I am interested in fashion trends, and color stories, and new fabrics in the marketplace. I've been known to spend hours sitting and watching runway fashion shows videos like other people watch the news. It's a curiosity about the phenomenon of fashion. The bits and pieces that make up the billion dollar industry. In calling myself a "refashionista" you need to understand that comes from a need to create, and recreate. I'm a D.I.Y.er from my childhood. My mother and my grandmother were both seamstresses, but I am not a clothing designer. I will however post some great links to other designers who love fashion the way I do. Who love to take an idea and make it their own. To some serious style renegades...

Like this one, whom I've followed since she started
outsapop.com

And this one, that is a sibling design team
gibbousfashions.com

Fashionistas in the sense that they have built cottage industries on their love of DIY, refashioning, and creating handmade, one-of-a-kind items. Of course, all couture is handmade as well, but these smaller companies have kept their aesthetics pure to their spirits. Who aren't in it to become fashion giants, as much as just do what they love. I'll continue to post favorite websites of "giants" in the the DIY and hand stitched industries.



No comments:

Post a Comment